Our Current Openings
Financial Controller (Part Time – 2 to 3 days a week)
We LIVE to help Australians discover and enjoy the awesome sport of cycling. Our aim at Bicycles Online is to be Australia’s #1 Online Bicycle Retailer and provide our customers with excellent service and support on our products.
- Founded in 2011, currently employs 15 people
- Located in a new high-tech Frenchs Forest Complex
- We are focused on becoming Australia’s #1 Online Bicycle Retailer
- We have been featured on BRWs Fast Starters list and a finalist in the Telstra Australian Business Awards.
What Will You Do?
The role has a broad range of duties and you will enjoy having a 'big picture' of the group's activities and taking the initiative to provide commercial input. Reporting in to the Managing Directors of the firm, your key responsibilities will include:
- Financial reporting and day to day compliance
- Support the Directors to develop annual and quarterly profit targets
- Provide explanations to variances and forecast changes
- Influence the business strategy and profitability of the firm
- Provide tangible insights and analysis to the Directors on the business operations.
- Assist in developing procedures for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function
- Manage 2 part-time accounting support staff
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people who have a can do attitude and love to learn new skills.
- A generous learning budget so you can master new skills
- Great staff benefits and incentives.
What We Believe
- Honesty is our top priority
- Taking responsibility
- Keep learning and growing
What You’ll Have
- Self-starter, independent thinker, commitment to having a huge positive impact on the organization
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Team player
- CA / CPA required
- Strong knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
- Advanced experience and fluency with Saasu, Xero and Microsoft Exce
Who Will You Work With?
Our Bicycles Online team is small now, but it’s growing. There are currently 15 people in the team. We asked 2 of them to share their thoughts on our company and here’s what they said:
“I enjoy the challenges I am presented with, as I get to solve them with independence and authority – all, in a relaxed and friendly environment”- Serena (Customer Service)
“Bicycles Online has given me the opportunity to develop skills in marketing, online retail and now purchasing. It is a great place to work! - Andre (Purchasing)
How To Apply
Email one of our founders directly – he’d love to hear from you. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He reviews all resumes and will reply to you personally within 24 hours of hearing from you.